Person centred approaches
Embracing the Active Support and Positive Behaviour Approaches throughout the organisation through effective training, monitoring support by our Clinical Co-ordinator who works with the teams to ensure focus and progress. See information below.
- Working in partnership with service users, their significant others (family, friends, and advocates) and members of the Multi-disciplinary team to ensure opportunities are explored from all avenues
- Working with local colleges, employment schemes and the local community to enable individuals to participate and be active citizens in the locality
- Enabling individuals to take ownership of their service delivery plans, opportunities for learning new skills through a variety of mediums.
- Regular review of progress is essential and this is achieved through
- MDT meetings
- Service user’s keeping their own records of success/achievement through means of their choice (photographs for example)
- Internal review meetings
- Active support meetings with the staff
- Regular updated skill assessment (e.g. ABAS)
- Daily, weekly and quarterly reports
- Regular supervision and staff development/training is essential to ensure success.